The Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority's (MBVCA) mission is to proactively recruit, develop, and financially support and partner with events, festivals, programs and activities that are innovative, high quality and representative of our City, which garner positive and or noteworthy media awareness, which enhance and augment the reputation of Miami Beach and the experience for tourists, year-round and significantly impact our local hospitality and culinary business.
The MBVCA has been recognized by world-renowned entities such as the World Travel Awards™ brand, recognized globally as the ultimate hallmark of quality, with winners setting the benchmark to which all others aspire; Travel Weekly's Magellan Awards, and locally by The Miami Today:
- 2019 Travvy Award: Best Tourism Board, United States & Canada
- 2018 World Travel Awards: North America’s Leading Tourist Board
- 2017 World Travel Awards: World’s Leading Tourist Board
- 2017 World Travel Awards: North America’s Leading Tourist Board
- Miami Today 2017: Gold Medal Award for
- 2016 World Travel Awards: World’s Leading Tourist Board
- 2016 World Travel Awards: North America’s Leading Tourist Board
- 2014 Gold Magellan Award: Miami Beach Information App
The MBVCA is a seven member authority, appointed by the City of Miami Beach Commission, with the goal of encouraging, developing and promoting the image of Miami Beach locally, nationally and internationally as a vibrant community and superb tourist destination.
Visual Memoirs Project
A visual library of recorded and detailed history of Miami Beach through personal interviews of Miami Beach residents, including collateral materials about the history of Miami Beach, and comprehensive museum exhibits.
All Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority Board meetings are open to the public. Agendas from FY 2016/2017 Board meetings may be found here.
MBVCA Board meeting are available through a Public Records Request through the City of Miami Beach Clerk’s office.
Program of Work
View our full annual reports that detail how the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA) supports various events and programs throughout the city.